Monday, January 12, 2009

Friends

I haven't blogged in a long time because life has been throwing stuff at me and I just didn't have the heart to blog. In August my husband of 25 years moved out and in October I lost my job. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach then kicked in the teeth. That's all I'm going to say on my blog about what's been going on because it's personal and not information for the world.

With so much being taken away from me, the one thing I could count on was my friends. I've always treasured my friends. But I never REALLY understood the healing and supporting power of them until now. Through all of this I have felt wanted, cared for, and loved. All due to my friends. They listen to me, hug me, cry with me, treat me to lunch and theatre, call me, invite me to things, and are THERE for me. I don't think they REALLY understand how much I need and depend on them. I know I appear very strong, but much of the strength comes from knowing absolutely that I am NOT alone, I am loved and wanted.

And then . . . after all they give to me they did this




Words just cannot express how deeply touched I am.

I can feel the love within the afghan.

Each square was designed and knitted by a friend. Then Nancy the wonder spinner/knitter put it together.

This afghan is jaw dropping beautiful. Every square is magnificent.

You can see each lovely square here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21555712@N07/sets/72157612353640303/

Thank you seems so inadequate. I say thank you when someone passes me the salt. So I thought I could give the words more power and depth if I said THANK YOU in several languages.

So my friends, thank you Thank you THANK YOU
gracias
merci
danke
grazie
obrigado
tack
ありがとうございました
děkuji ti
cảm ơn bạn
धन्यवाद
σε ευχαριστώ
kiitos
thank you

5 comments:

alce said...

We love you, and you give so much of yourself to others!

Jocelyn said...

One small square...one big hug.
xoxo

Fae said...

It was a pleasure to knit for you!

Vivian said...

It was so much fun planning and knitting for you, Cris, because you are such a kind person. The things you've done for us is inmeasurable.

Gail in Friday Harbor said...

Cris, your friends are there for you because you are always there for them. I live far away now but thanks to you I can look forward to spending the 1st weekend in Jan in Ben Lomand with a group of the best knitter/friends I know. Hugs to you!

Gail